(AscendHealthy.com) – If you’re trying to lose weight, you’re likely already limiting sugar, refined carbs and fat. But that might not be enough to lose belly fat, specifically. Why? Belly fat is more difficult to lose, according to Dr. Luke James of Bupa Global in an interview with Cosmopolitan. This is because your belly has a higher amount of fat cells, and those fat cells don’t break down as easily as fat cells found elsewhere in the body. So, what can you do about it? Follow these tips to get that slim waistline you’ve always wanted.
Belly fat may be more difficult to lose, but you can do it. By eating more protein, consuming soluble fiber, eating fatty fish, taking a probiotic and shaking up your exercise routine, you can start getting rid of those unwanted pounds. Want to know what else you can do to slim down your waistline? We have more ideas!
Learn How to Get Rid of Unwanted Belly Fat!
- Eat More Protein. Protein is vital for weight loss. It can reduce your cravings by 60%, boost your metabolism and help you eat fewer calories per day. One study by a coalition of universities found that those who ate higher quality protein had significantly less abdominal fat.
- Consume Soluble Fiber. Soluble fiber suppresses appetite and helps regulate the hormones involved in appetite control. It also boosts the population of healthy bacteria in your gut. All of this could help you eat less and burn more belly fat.
- Ramp Up Aerobic Exercise. Eight months’ worth of aerobic exercise can help you lose 2.5 inches of body fat. How much exercise do you need? The equivalent to jogging 12 miles per week at 80% of your maximum heart rate.
- Try Intermittent Fasting. Studies performed at the Salk Institute have shown that intermittent fasting, also known as time-restricted eating, reduced obesity in mice. Fasting lowers caloric intake and is believed to boost metabolism, which might help you shed that pesky belly fat.
- Take a Probiotic. Consuming probiotics, like those found in fermented foods, can help you lose up to 8.5% of your belly fat over the course of 12 weeks. If you can’t see yourself eating fermented foods, consider taking a probiotic supplement.
- Eat Fatty Fish. Fatty fish contains omega-3, a fatty acid that can help reduce appetite, increase metabolism and boost exercise efforts. It’s estimated that 3 grams of fish oil per day can help you burn 19% to 27% more fat when you exercise.
- Reduce Stress Levels. Chronic stress can keep you from losing weight. What’s worse, it might make you gain weight. If you want to lose belly fat, you must find a way to get your stress levels under control.
- Get Restful Sleep. Poor sleep makes you heavier by making your cravings more intense. It could also make you eat more calories overall. A great night’s sleep, however, can help you eat less and work out more. It might give you the energy you need to lose weight.
Losing belly fat takes more effort than ordinary weight loss, but it’s not impossible! By making a few dietary and lifestyle changes, you could be well on your way to shedding those pesky fat cells concentrated around your middle.
~Here’s to Your Healthy Ascension!
Copyright 2019, AscendHealthy.com